Sunday, April 6, 2008

Meet the Minors











This is my first official family blog. I have been blogging on here and on myspace for awhile. I thought this could be an introduction blog. :) Our family currently consists of James, Me (Courtney), Christina & Caleb. James and I have been together for five years this August, and we just celebrated our 3rd wedding anniversary March 12. James and I met many years ago, when he was still in high school, and we talked for a really long time. I never really wanted to date him because he was 4 years younger than I was. We developed a good friendship that just became something more over time. I think that is the strongest foundation for a relationship.

















We adopted our daughter Christina in October 2005 when she was about to turn 13. She had already lived with us since she was 11. Christina is my biological half sister. She's 15 now and a freshman in high school and I love her to death.







My brother Caleb came to live with us in August of 2007. He's 16 and a Junior in high school. So far the transition has been pretty hard. We are all adjusting. So far things have been hard, but then we knew they would be.











Through this all we have tried to make everything feel like family. We work really hard to always be there for our two kids and to help them feel like they have a home here with us. We also have more members of or family. My brother Trey who is 19 and works with James.








My cat Teddy who is 6 years old and like a child to me. I love her so so much.

















Christina's cat Kitten. He's 4 and fat.


















James's dog Mollie. She's a blue heeler and was born on our wedding day 3/12/2005.







Christina's dog Mocha. He's a Shih-poo and he is 1 year old.

















James's cat Jean. He's a shelter kitty so I'm not sure how old he is but he is sweet.


















This is our family:)

No comments: